Area of Study advisors are available in every region that Austin Community College (ACC) serves to support you through your academic experience. Any time you want to review and discuss your class schedule, major, career plans, transfer options, or any concerns you have about making progress on completing your award plan, you should make an appointment to meet with your Area of Study advisor. Visit Areas of Study Advising for more information.
Faculty advisors and mentors are also available to support you through your degree progression. Make an appointment through your instructional department to meet with faculty. Visit Instructional Departments and Divisions for more information.
Success coaches provide advising and coaching to students by connecting them to academic planning, career development, academic support, and financial resources.
Success Coaches can help with the following:
- Provide comprehensive case management.
- Initiate proactive interventions/strategies to address academic concerns and life challenges.
- Provide students with timely and accurate academic guidance related to their Area of Study including course selection, degree planning, transfer, and career services.
- Coordinate referrals to available College and community services as needed to ensure academic success.
- Guide students through academic, financial, and personal situations affecting their ability to reach their educational goals including Academic Standards of Progress.
- Stabilize students in distress or crisis situations and referrals.