Starting college should be simple, accessible, and all about preparing for success. If you are a first-time-in-college, student, you can graduate on time with the support you need. Austin Community College Institutes provide a smoother route to your goals by eliminating the guesswork to getting started. Institutes are specialized learning communities with a full-time block of classes starting each fall and covering three semesters. Finish faster, enjoy a small community of classmates with similar interests, and have regular contact with faculty advisors in your area of interest.
Depending on the Institute you choose, you’ll leave equipped with the transferable college credit to continue at a university or earn a career-technical certificate with employer-approved, job experience under your belt. ACC offers the following Institutes beginning Fall 2018:
Business Studies at the Northridge Campus
- Learn the basics of business administration and get on the transfer track to a business degree from a four-year college or university.
Electronics and Advanced Technology at the Round Rock Campus
- Prepare for a career in automation, robotics and controls and gain on-the-job experience at Samsung while you study.
Honda PACT (Professional Automotive Career Training) at the Riverside Campus
- The Honda PACT Institute offers cutting-edge automotive technician training to become a certified technician for Honda and Acura vehicles.
Information Technology at the Riverside Campus
- Earn a network administration certificate that gets you job-ready and counts toward an associate degree.
Liberal Arts at the Highland Campus
- Get on track to complete your associate degree and plan for successful transfer to a four-year college or university.
Pre-Engineering at the Riverside Campus
- This institute is a great starting place for students who love to plan and build. Your studies here will lead to a certificate and prepare you to apply to the Texas A&M Chevron Engineering Academy at ACC.
Pre-Health Sciences at the Round Rock Campus
- Get all of the prerequisite and corequisite courses you need to continue in nursing, surgical technology, or another field of study in Health Sciences.
Teacher Prep at the South Austin Campus
- Texas needs great teachers. This institute helps you begin your transfer path before becoming a professional educator. Intended for students planning to complete the Associate of Arts in Teaching (AAT) for Early Childhood to Sixth Grade.
Visit austincc.edu/academic-and-career-programs/acc-institutes for more information.