You may earn up to 30 credits for military training and service in combination with other non-institutional coursework.

How to Receive Credit

To receive credit, you must provide the Office of Admissions and Enrollment with an official military transcript, and a certified copy of your DD Form 214. Any credit awarded will not be calculated in your GPA.

Previous Coursework

ACC uses the American Council on Education (ACE) reference guide “Evaluation of Educational Experiences in the Armed Services” to award credit for military training. If a course equivalency is not listed by ACE, you may contact ACE directly to request a review (visit ACE for contact information.) ACC’s instructional programs and areas have final authority on awarding credit.

Note: ACE recommendations apply to military training/courses only.

Health & Kinesiology Credit

If you were active duty for at least six months, you may be eligible to receive 4 credits of health and kinesiology. To receive credit, provide the Office of Admissions and Enrollment with your DD Form 214 or a certified letter from your commanding officer attesting to your period of service.

All veterans must submit official military transcripts for evaluation. Visit Military Transcripts and Service Credits for more information.