The Austin Community College District values and respects each individual student. In Austin Community College District’s internal and external interactions with each other and our community, we value:
- Student success and equity in which all students have equal opportunity and support to achieve their academic goals.
- Student access to an affordable, challenging, and empowering higher education.
- Excellence, innovation, and relevance in all of our programs and services.
- Preparation of students for a globally competitive and technologically complex workplace.
- Open, honest, and respectful communication, collaboration, and teamwork in all of our operations.
- Promotion of equity as a means to understanding, an appreciation of cultural and individual differences, and a democratic society.
- Ongoing professional development by all faculty, staff, and administrators.
- The use of data and proven best practices in our evaluation processes, decision-making, and plans for continuous improvement.
- Ethical, effective/efficient, and accountable use of public resources.
- Partnerships with local, state, national, and international entities that are respectful, engaging, and help us leverage our resources and expand our expertise.
- Creation and maintenance of a sustainable, safe, and healthy environment for students and employees.